Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Better Week

Whew! Just got back from a nice walk. Usually I go around 6 in the morning but today slept in and didn't leave till about 10.  Walked 45 minutes through winding, shade covered streets - very pleasant. The one good thing about being stuck out here is the weather is so nice!  I think the high today is supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Well, this is a far cry from last week. Had a very difficult week. Was tired, weak, tremors in the hand, a semi headache....I was starting to think the leukemia was coming back. On Friday the nurses checked my blood and it was discovered that my Prograf level was almost twice what they want it to be. Apparently my body reacts very efficiently to this drug.  They lowered the dose for the 3rd time so hopefully things are more steady from here on out.  All else seems to be going well. I am pushing the doctors to release me early. I wanted to commute at 70 days but we compromised and if all goes well I can begin to commute at 80 days. This is a lot better than 90-100 days.  My next target is getting the mask off. I think I should be able to do it already (except in hospitals/near children) but won't chance it without the doctor's approval. Today is 65 days post transplant so next week I'll start seeing what the doc thinks. I really have been lucky through all this!  Oh, and my eyelashes and eyebrows are growing back!

ps - no pictures today - the computer/server seems to be acting up.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jess!
    Thanks for your posting. Sorry to hear that you had a hard week. Your progress seems to be great though - your eyelashes and eybrows are growing back! Hopefully we'll see you sooner. We all miss you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little rough,but sounds like things are working out pretty good. To bad you couldn't spend the 4th of July with us at the lake. Would of been good to get out and enjoy the day like you did last year. Have a GOOD day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seongsook: always great to hear from you -- so supportive all the time! Randy: thanks for the good words -- I'm definitely missing out! Will be watching and celebrating from the comforts of my own couch...next year though!
    jess

    ReplyDelete