Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cleaning Up!

I'm finally leaving Palo Alto! Per my agreement with my doctors, I am free to commute from Galt starting next week!   Tomorrow is day 80 post transplant. Possibly the hardest 80 days of my life (the first 80 days in Peace Corps is a very close second)! It may be my last day at the transfusion center - On Tuesday I'm scheduled for a biopsy and then on Friday I have my port taken out (the port is a plastic tube that runs from the right side of my chest all the way to the heart -- when I needed blood, platelets, meds, etc. they would give them to me via the port rather than through an IV in the arm - The best thing about this is no more taping and covering up before a shower -- its all natural for now on!). Starting the week after this I will be seen by my regular doctor (Dr. Arai) at the clinic. It will probably mean a 1 hour appointment rather than the 3 hours I've been averaging at the ITA (transfusion center).

Ok, got to go -- need to clean up this apartment. For the last month or so I have been living alone and really neglected the cleaning -- time to pay the piper...ok - take care and we'll see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that! This is my first comment so will keep it brief, but wanted you to know you are coming home just in a nick of time to see your E, P, L movie. I know that you will be so happy to be nearer to everyone. What an incredible journey you have been on. Hope the housecleaning goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I cannot believe it's been 80 days. Your recovery has gone pretty damn well, considering ... There is still more to go, I know. Not having to deal with the port maintenance will be nice, though. Job well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear that, Jess! Thanks for sharing your journey and inspiring others. We are all waiting for your return. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe there is a movie about that book -- did I miss something? I think you really liked the whole book -- same with Pamela....thanks for the good wishes -- hope you get better too --- Seongsook: expect to see me sometime in early August -- no warning - I'll just show up at 7:30!

    jess

    ReplyDelete