Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Big House

I've finally made it! Am now officially an inpatient at Stanford Hospital.  All is still going well...still the dire warnings but there is enough attention to detail here that I feel I'm in good hands. At about 2 - 4 I will receive my chemo - they say this one is no joke and is 5 times more potent than anything I've had before...ugh.  If I'm lucky, today and tomorrow will go well and I head into the transplant on tuesday with a little bit of wherewithal.

Yesterday I finally had my nauseous moment. Right after my last session of radiation I got back to my room and started scarfing my lunch - within minutes of finishing it I felt this overwhelming need to get it out of me! Just huge roars! Again and again...and then it was all over.  All is well now. I can expect a little more of the same soon because they say it takes a while before all this poison gets out of your system. My mouth is supposed to become infected too. Anyway, my bro has been big again -- he is all set for the transfusion. There is almost no doubt that we will be up and about sooner than later.

I did it! A graduate of Stanford!...or just a certificate saying I was able to finish my radiation treatment.

5 comments:

  1. You must save and frame this certificate. Congrats! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get an honorary degree from Stanford after all this. May your doctors be competent, your nurses sexy, (both the male and female ones so as not to be sexist)and your imagination keen.... to take you away to a beach, laying on a hammock tied between two palms. A gentle breeze cooling your skin and the sand warm and conforting on your feet. What a racket those gulls are making in the distance. Sounds like they are having fun. And here comes that really hot babe to rub on the suntan lotion. Enjoy Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the faith! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jess

    I hope you liked the "Rolling Stone" blurb that I sent you. I keep laughing when I read your messages. You are so funny and so strong while you are going through this medical procedure.

    Just wanted to keep you smiling!!

    God Bless, Gloria

    ReplyDelete