Thursday, May 20, 2010

Success!

Just returned from my afternoon session at Stanford. It is now official -- I am getting better and will be able to cut down on my visits to the outpatient clinic to three times a week!  I'll have to exercise more (walking), do breathing exercises to keep the lungs clear, eat, and drink about 60 ounces of fluid a day (can be water, Gatorade, soy milk, juices, etc.) in order to maintain this status but I'm up for the challenge. My numbers are holding steady and my body/mouth is slowly healing.

One back note - probably should have had this on one of the early entries.  I named the blog "Like a Rock" because when I was first treated at Kaiser on Morse people would ask how I feel and I'd say like a rock!  Then it became "I am a rock"...and then "I'm a rock - this thing can't beat me"....anyway, some people thought that was a little too premature and even a little too optimistic but I believed in it and it was fun.  So, sometime during this time I received a card from the sweetest of all people, Joannie, and lo and behold it was about the rock!  Joannie, still have the card and I still think I'm a Rock!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going good for you. It must of been hard.They say things will get better from now on. Your in our prayers and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete