Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm King of the.....Flower Garden!

I'm just about back! My numbers are climbing steadily and my mucositis is slowly ebbing....This thing could always change tomorrow but for today I'm taking my hacks! I'm like Ali! I can't be stopped! I feel good. The numbers indicate that my brother's bone marrow has taken hold. I have good wbc counts, my reds have moved up, my liver function is good, and no skin irritations or rashes. There are a few other indicators and they are all favorable to me. What does it mean? I may get out of Stanford Hospital faster than expected but then transition to an outpatient status. I would live in this area (probably in some apartments - they have a social worker on-site to help us with this) for up to 60 days as an outpatient to the BMT clinic! Its far from the 5 years that you want and need to say that this was a successful operation but it is a necessary first step! Viva la Che! Viva la...ooh, wait that was the last entry....How about this:

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

There is some love that will not
go away

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on.....

That's supposed to be me at the front of the bridge (Flower Garden) screaming out "I'm King of the world" to nobody in particular....a little old lady was nice enough to help but very difficult to direct.....

9 comments:

  1. Yay! You ARE king! And that little old lady is your Kate Winslet! So happy to hear you are feeling better. I do believe you're over the hump. Challenges surely lie ahead but you have done such a good job at managing thus far. I'm proud of you. Much love to thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News! A victory is a victory! Celebrate the accomplishments along your journey to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. You crack me up. You literally made me laugh out loud like we do in the restaurants. I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there's one I'd thought would appreciate the moment! I even had my arms stretched out! We'll get back on track one of these days....and Craig? yes, a victory is everything -- no second place finishers over here! (at least not for this)-- thanks for the good word - always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to read that you are moving onwards and upwards! This is such great news! I am happy for you to be progressing so beautifully.
    DMH Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the good news. Prayers really do work. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you are feeling better and the transfer is working for you! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Jess! I am so happy to see you are doing better. You are my inspiration. Thanks very much. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Mr. Flower Garden King, Thanks for the awesome update. I thank God you're doing so well and pray that He will continue to bless you/see you through this.

    By the way, I am waiting for you to get off your flowery throne and get by to work---we miss you! Take care...

    pvincent

    ReplyDelete